Reporting to and working closely with the Engineering Systems Architect, this position offers significant autonomy and a broad range of work in deployment, cloud management, disaster recovery, virtualization, automation, configuration management, and many other areas. The ideal candidate will be a Linux/Unix expert, an independent, creative problem-solver who enjoys hands-on technical work and has experience working across engineering disciplines, application layers, and technologies.
The successful candidate will carry out diverse and complex UNIX and cloud administration tasks with minimal oversight, including systems and application deployment, configuration management, API programming, virtualization and cloud administration, the implementation of new and updated application and infrastructure workflows, deployment, testing, implementation and documentation of new technologies, and training of IT staff.
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years enterprise Linux systems administration with knowledge of installations, security, performance tuning, shell scripting, and configuration management
- Experience with virtualization and container administration (VMware, KVM, and Docker preferred), and knowledge of related technologies and concepts (shared processing, storage, networking, security, etc.)
- Experience creating, maintaining, and automating Cloud environments (Google preferred, also AWS, Azure, vCloud Director)
- Experience with load balancing technologies (Nginx or F5 preferred)
- A strong background supporting multiple data centers and/or hybrid clouds
- Thorough understanding of network infrastructure and concepts (Cisco Firewalls and Extreme switches, VPNs, routers and routing protocols, network layers, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technologies quickly and independently
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience