This position offers the ideal candidate a full range of IT operational experience from managing high-capacity servers and networking equipment to being involved with the latest technology platforms in the “Big Data” arena. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a highly-available development and production environment (e.g., we're running at 99.999%) that can support our development and release efforts. This position requires fluency in LINUX operating environments, experience with networking fundamentals, knowledge of backup operations, and experience with virtualization concepts and a solid understanding of industry best practices. mentor junior team members.
- 10+ years Enterprise LINUX system administration with knowledge of installations, security, performance-tuning, and basic shell scripting
- Demonstrated application of advanced system structures and commands in LINUX environments. (TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, shell scripting, etc.)
- Understanding of JBoss, JMS Messaging, and Solr Search a plus
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Puppet, Chef or an equivalent
- OpenStack or KVM virtualization technologies
- Exposure to big data platforms including Hadoop, and Cassandra
- Understanding of network infrastructure and concepts – Cisco Firewalls and Extreme switches, VPNs, routers and routing protocols, to list just a few
- Experience supporting 24x7 Internet-facing web infrastructure
Public & Private Cloud:
- Experience with creating and maintaining Cloud based environments – AWS and Google Compute
- A strong background of supporting multiple data centers and or hybrid clouds.
- Strong technical, organizational and interpersonal skills working as part of a team.
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation
- Audit / Security background – familiarity with SOC2 or PCI audit methodologies and well as experience creating or supporting the required policies and controls.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications, training, or work experience